While we at bitojava fully believe in the power of coffee, I am sure you all had difficulty figuring that out…. LOL . The truth is that is takes more than black liquid gold to motivate you and give you the confidence to get motivated. There are many factors that play into building confidence and leading to you being motivated to get something done. It really does not matter what it is. It can be something big or something small. So that comes to the question what are some simple things that you can do easily to get your motivation juices flowing?
Easy to lose focus
As I was starting to write this my mind was wandering around. Which of course led to day dreaming which brought me to what would I do if I won the lottery… See it is easy to get distracted. Getting off track leading to lack of motivation and get things done. While there is no sure fire way that will work every time there are different things you can try that will help to motivate you. Sometime well maybe many times it is difficult to find those things even if it is something simple or something you have done before.
You will get motivated with these ideas.
Start the day with a positive attitude. I know that this is not always an easy thing to do. Many times it is difficult. Really it is something that you can control. You may not be able to control certain events in your life but you have complete control over how you react to them. If you are a Monte Python fan you have hear the song Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. Good way to start the day. Good attitude can help your day start better and help you stay focused.
- Set Large Goals and break them up into smaller bits. You have the big picture but it seems like it is beyond attainable. This can help lead to your lack of motivation. If you break it up into smaller bits then you will achieve those smaller goals and help keep you motivated to get to the bigger goal. Simple example: Writing a blog post. The whole post may seem overwhelming. But one paragraph is a much smaller bit. Much easier to attain. Heck sometimes I have to break it down to “Just get one word written” Many times after that it is off to the races and I get a bunch done
- Overcome your fear of failure or don’t be afraid to fail. The fear of failure is a huge anti motivational tool. If you never do it then you can not fail. Everyone fails at many points in their life. From big things to small things. The reason people succeed is because they kept at it no matter how many times the failed till they reached success.
- Stand up or sit up straight and embrace who you are. Studies have shown that good posture can help lead to a better attitude which can help to give you the confidence to get things done. Think about it. It makes sense. When you are slouching or hunched over compared to when you are standing up straight. Something simple that everyone can do. Many times you do not even realize you are doing it. It takes a conscious effort at first but after a while you will just do it.
- Eliminate distraction as much as possible. When there are a lot of distractions then it is much easier to get off track and lose focus. Try to keep your work area as distraction free as possible. If you are in an office try closing your door. If you are at home and have the TV on all the time try turning it off. Make your work area for the task you are trying to accomplish.
- Do something that you enjoy. Doing something that makes you happy will lead to getting more done. If you are doing something that you do not enjoy it will make it much more difficult to get things done. How many times have you just sat and thought about how much you did not want to do something? It has happened to me many times. Then when it gets to something that is fun it just comes to me and BAM the project is finished. Well maybe not like that but it is fun.
You are in control. We use these ideas. You should use these ideas to get motivated too. Other times it will be a combination of things. Each time it may be different.
If you use any of these ideas to get motivated or have other ideas to get motivated let us know in the comments.